[mythtv-users] EPG favorites toggle versus jump to channel

stan stanlist at cox.net
Sat Oct 7 22:27:00 UTC 2006

I'm running MythTV .20 on Fedora RC5 using a Hauppauge 350 with the
Hauppauge remote.  I also have a keyboard attached for config and testing.

It looks like a few thing changed since the documentation and articles on
this group.

All of the following is while I'm viewing the program guide (getting ready
to schedule recordings):

The / key is supposed to toggle a favorites channel.  It might be doing
something, but it doesn't toggle the favorites channel.

The ? key toggles the favorites channel.

The 4 key works fine to toggle between all channels and favorites channels
but only if the "jump to channel" is off.  When the "jump to channel is on"
the 4 key jumps to channel 4.

It appears I have to choose between the capability of "favorites/all
channels toggle" and "jump to channel".  I have a lot of channels, and I
really need the "jump to channel" capability while viewing the program
guide.

What are the current default key settings for favorites/all toggle, define
favorite channel toggle, and is there a way to get both "jump to channel"
and "favorites/all toggle" capabilities?

--stan