[mythtv-users] [mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 16:16:18 UTC 2006

On 10/6/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 18:20 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > well, moved all three cards to my remote frontend and....
> > still there!
> > different computer, different cable feed (most of Boston has two cable
> > runs per apt. from the cable company spliter).
> >
> > So either its the cable signal or all three cards (including the
> > replacement HD3000 they sent me)
> >
> > its a sad day here =(
>
> Ugh, the chances that it is anything other than the signal are
> pretty remote :-| If you have a power-line conditioner lying
> around you can try plugging the computer into that, but the
> odds are remote that this will do anything. Sorry :(

my remote frontend runs through my home theatre power "conditioner"
and my backend through a APC UPS, so your right, it won't help. This
really pisses me off. I'll need to call out another Comcast Technician
again now that I know it has to be the cable signal.

Thanks for all the help guys! sorry to have bothered you with this.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!