[mythtv-users] Are PVR-500's safe to buy new right now?

Pete Flaherty pjf at cape.com
Sat Oct 7 02:19:05 UTC 2006

I've been using my 500 for about a year now. At first it was gruling getting it workigng. But on my last installation/hw upgrade I used gentoo / mythtv19 and it was a realtive snap in comparison. Moved to a 3G celeron.

BTW dual tuners are great and record simultaniousle with little overhead :) I've even seen 2 recordings, a dvd rip and 3 remote clients on at a time...

-Pete Flahert

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 21:50:55 -0400, Bryan Cromwell wrote