[mythtv-users] Exit recording - long delay

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Fri Oct 6 23:46:09 UTC 2006

I've just upgraded my backend and remote frontends from 0.20
(protocol 30 from about 3-4 weeks ago) to 0.20 (protocol 31) because
a new OS X Intel Frontend required it.  No big problems with the
upgrade process.

However on one of my remote frontends there is a 10 second delay when
exiting a recording and returning to the Watch recordings menu. While
watching the recording hit exit, select don't save position, screen
goes black, wait 10 seconds, and we're back to the watch recordings
menu.  I've also setup this machine to use Internal as the .avi
player and there is a similar pause when exiting a video and
returning to the list of video files.

Before upgrading this morning the delay, if any, was no more than 1-2 seconds.

There isn't anything obvious in the mythfrontend log that I can see:

2006-10-07 11:09:09.311 TV: Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2006-10-07 11:09:09.312 The realtime priority setting is not enabled.
2006-10-07 11:09:09.471 Video timing method: USleep with busy wait
2006-10-07 11:09:14.479 TV: Attempting to change from
WatchingPreRecorded to None
2006-10-07 11:09:24.582 TV: Changing from WatchingPreRecorded to None

Both this frontend and the backend are using packages from ATrpms and
were upgraded about 3 hours ago, both are running FC5 x86_64. The
combined BE/FE doesn't have this pause, and neither do my Mac OS X
FE's (using Matt Meads build 20061001)

Any thoughts on things I can try to get rid of this delay?

  - Wade