[mythtv-users] Are PVR-500's safe to buy new right now?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Fri Oct 6 21:43:07 UTC 2006

Gene Stapp wrote:
> I've got one of the newer samsung tuners. Interestingly the quality
> wasn't that great until the 20 release. I believe the channel
> frequencies were adjusted. Anyway all the problems I had with it has
> been fixed and it definately wasn't ivtv related.

Just out of curiosity, what version of ivtv are you using?  I'm running MythTV
build 11281 and ivtv 0.7.0, and channel 45 still has lots of interference on
it.  That it's channel 45 is a real pisser here, because that's SciFi.  Since I
haven't gotten around to setting up MythTV with another capture card on another
computer, it looks like I'll be waiting for this evening's Battlestar Galactica
to turn up on Usenet.  I never had problems picking up this channel with a
PVR-350, PVR-250MCE, or PVR-150.

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter