[mythtv-users] DVD Rips on NAS?

Mark Lehrer mark at knm.org
Fri Oct 6 16:29:40 UTC 2006

> Just curious, is anyone storing their DVD rips on any sort of NAS
> device?  Are you satisified with performance over (10/100/1000?) vs.
> an IDE or SATA attached enclosure?

I am using a linux box with a 3ware raid for storage.  DVD rips work
quite well - the only painful part is that you have to run mythcommflag
on them in order for the skip buttons to work (and even then they do a
poor job of skipping).

I also use the NAS to store hi def transport streams, that does a
reasonable job too, though there is sometimes a significant delay
when starting to watch a show.

Mark