[mythtv-users] ffmpeg -hq

Stephen Atkins satkins at inetdesign.org
Fri Oct 6 14:45:15 UTC 2006

Trey Thompson wrote:
> I'm using the great wiki page about converting mpgs into flvs for
> streaming via flash.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video
>
> I had to remove the -hq option because it doesn't work.
>
> I've been through the help and read about all the options (man, what a
> flexible program!)
>
> What was the -hq option, and is there a replacement?

Not sure what the -hq is used for but it doesn't work on my system
either.  By removing it it still transcodes it just fine.  The only
thing I did notice was that there is a lot of pixelation.  Not the best
quality especially for the size of the file.  I think I'll stick with
converting them to my iPod.

--

Stephen Atkins
http://inetdesign.org
satkins at inetdesign.org
urban.nightmare at jabber.org
icq: 11782200

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
wrong. -- H L Mencken

Databases are my friends. I program for them, not against them...