[mythtv-users] How to fix. SuSE 30/31 issue? Built from source

list at onnow.net list at onnow.net
Fri Oct 6 13:02:02 UTC 2006

Not sure how to fix this one.  I know there have been a ton of posts
on the protocal 30 vs 31 thing, but I can seem to resolve it yet.

I have an FC5 backend, FC5 frontend with the latest ( proto 31 ) rpms.
  These work great.  I have installed the latest packman MythTV rpms
from pacman, and ( yesterday ) compiled from the source packages from
mythtv.org
I am still getting the protocol 30 on the SuSE frontend ( backend
speaks 31 etc )
I made SURE that on SuSE that all mythrpms ( libmyth too ) were all
removed and I am using the new compiled mythfrontend.

I dont get it, how can the newest tar balls be version 30?

Unless anyone knows where to get more recent SuSE rpms?

Thoughts on how to fix/diagnose this?

Thanks!

Mark