[mythtv-users] lirc help

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 07:56:56 UTC 2006

On 06/10/06, Jake Sallee <spark at breathedeeply.com> wrote:

> Ok, once last thing before I create the lircd.conf.  irrecord says "hold down
> an arbitrary button".
>
> For some reason, the irrecord program does not detect some of the keys on my
> remote.  Like "Go" or "Guide" or "TV", "Videos", "Music", "Pictures".

If you are still using the Hauppauge remote, have you installed the
lircd.conf file you downloaded from LIRC and installed it as
/etc/lird.conf. You shouldn't need to re-record the lircd.conf file if
your input changes.

For information, if you still want to try and use irrecord to record a
new remote config for the Hauppauge remote, you can install the
RC5.conf header file (available from the LIRC site, or in the LIRC
download tarball) as /etc/lircd.conf, and then irrecord will use that
to record your irrecord output in RC5 (an IR signalling protocol)
format.

I would recommend installing the Hauppauge lircd.conf file, then
running irw again, now that you have lircd running with the correct
input, and see if that gets your remote running. Certainly much
quicker than re-recording your remote if you don't need to!

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/
MythTV users list archive: