[mythtv-users] MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 5, exiting

Philippe Crassous p.crassous at free.fr
Thu Oct 5 20:16:40 UTC 2006

My backend has three tuners and I have "temporarily deactivated" two of
them by not linking them to a source.

When I go in the status menu in the frontend, the backend stops with the
message
MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 5, exiting
5 being the number on one of these tuners

I Am running 0.20 with frontend and backend on the same system.

I found this thread
(http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2004-July/024332.html )with a
proposal for a patch that has not been applied, since the error was
supposed never to happen

Well, it happened to me ...

Do you think I can safely apply the modification and wouldn't  be a good
idea to apply this patch.

Thank you

Philippe