[mythtv-users] myth2ipod install help

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Oct 5 15:21:51 UTC 2006

On Oct 5, 2006, at 5:43 AM, Walter Hofstetter wrote:

> I had the same error, so finally didn't use the enable-x264 switch.
> I assume, that some of the libraries to compile x264 are broken at
> least
> on FC5 :-(
>
> It will compile without the x264 switch and you can still create mp4
> files which will run on your ipod.
>
> Using a syntax such as
>
> ffmpeg -i  file.mpg -f mp4 -vcodec mpeg4 -maxrate 1000 -b 700 -qmin
> 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -g 300 -acodec aac -ab 192 -s 320x240 -
> aspect 4:3 file.mp4
>
> should create ipod compatible videos.
> However you most likely will then run into issues with the
> myth2ipod scipt.
> I figured, that the called nuvexport will create wrong switches and
> causes ffmpeg to crash with a floating point error.
>
> I tried to modify the nuvexport code, but wasn't quit successful yet.
>
> Regards, Walter

I got a similar error with x264 on AMD 64 so I did the same thing. I
also modified myth2ipod.pl to call ffmpeg directly with the options
you suggested. It doesn't work with HD content, but SD seems happy.
Any idea what settings would work for HD? I could live with one
script for each and specify two user jobs until nuvexport is happy
again.