[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase - odd bug - will not insert data for a new channel

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 10:16:25 UTC 2006

On 04/10/06, drbob <drbob at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm trying to switch two channels to use xmltv data: BBC Four and BBC
> Parliament, since eit isn't working for me on these channels. I already
> successfully collect data for two of my channels via xmltv (abc1 and
> channel5).
>
> Here is what I did:
>
> I added the channel ids to the tv_grab_uk_rt.conf file, unchecked the
> use onair guide boxes in mythweb and added the xmltv ids in the correct
> place.

Where is the tv_grab_uk_rt.conf file? Is it symlinked to your
mythfilldatabase user's MythTV directory?

Do you have a separate <MFDB User>/.mythtv/<videosource>.xmltv file
that is missing the 2 newly added channels in it? If you do, that's
probably the problem. Add the 2 channels to your videosource's .xmltv
file and see if it picks up the 2 new channels the next time it is
run.

> Whatever I tried to do: mythfilldatabase wouldn't recognise the new
> channels. It still updates channel five and abc1, but won't put the BBC
> channel data into mysql. I've run tv_grab_uk_rt separately and it _is_
> downloading the program data for the BBC channels.

If you run the grabber manually, it will use
~/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf for its channel config, unless you specify
a different config file.

The wiki has a very useful page,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Uk_xmltv, which should help
further if this is not the problem.