[mythtv-users] Wishlist feature for adding a hard drive

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Oct 4 19:34:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 02:18:49PM -0500, Allan Wilson wrote:
> On 10/4/06, Thom Paine <painethom at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >I am in the process of switching out my LVM array for a big fat raid5
> >array. Slowly purchasing drives until I can get something to
> >accomodate my 1.8TB LVM.
> >
> >--
> >-=/>Thom
> >

> I have to admit that having both would be best though. It is easier for new
> users to spread their recordings across multiple folders when they add new
> drives. Once they get more experience and more money then they can move on
> to bigger and better projects such as LVM or RAID5. Just my two cents...

	With the Recordings PATH (vs just one directory) you also open
up the possibility of spreading files across the entire home network. You
could even give particular files (recordings/mp3/dvd rip) affinity for a
particular directory on the network.

	My current MythVideo setup ls cobbled together with multiple
directories with symlinks and I could easily set it up so that NFS
mountpoints in systems other than my backend myth box are included.