[mythtv-users] mythburn or mytharchive?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 4 18:01:53 UTC 2006

Ross Campbell wrote:
> On 10/4/06, Timothy Waters <timothy.waters at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The MythTV wiki says to use Mytharchive, but someone mentioned here recently
>> that they prefer mythburn. What should I use?
>>

> Mytharchive is based on the scripts from mythburn.
> Mytharchive is actively being developed.
> Mythburn was a royal pain to get set up and probably requires serious
> hacking to get it running on anything newer than about mythtv 0.19
>
> I will say that I much preferred burning DVDs from mythburn's web
> interface to mytharchive's mythtv interface, but I presume that in
> time, mytharchive will have a web interface too.

I'm still waiting for a volunteer to take over developing the web
interface but no takers so far :-(

> Actually, I _really_ miss being able to do a date sort from the web
> interface for mythburn and make DVDs of shows in airdate order - any
> way to do that with the mytharchive UI that I'm missing?

No way to change the order that archive items are displayed in the UI at
the moment but I like the idea. Should be fairly easy to do for myth
recordings. The fact that you may also have MythVideo files as well as
any video files makes it a little harder to do though.

If you want your files to appear in a particular order on the DVD you
can do that by selecting the files in the order you want. Or if you are
using latest svn trunk you can now change the order on the final page of
the wizard.

> -Ross

Paul H.