[mythtv-users] protocol version mismatch, what's the best solution?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Oct 4 16:15:16 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> says:
> You can stop spreading that rumor.  The fix required a protocol
> change.  Plain and simple.  If you keep your systems at the same
> revision, you will *never* have a problem.  The problem here is
> people upgrading half their system to a pre-release version and then
> wondering why it breaks.

Kevin, I'm not sure that's necessarily true in this particular
case. As I noted to the list last week, I ran into the 30/31 issue
when upgrading to the ATrpms 139 packages. This was my first protocol
issue ever, and I've been using ATrpms since 0.18, upgrading every two
or three ATrpms iterations along the way.

Now, I don't know if it was a packaging issue (Axel says no) or
something else (you and Isaac say no), but the fact remains that I,
and presumably a lot of other people who know well enough to upgrade
both frontend and backend, ran into this particular problem at this
particular time.