[mythtv-users] Browsing Recordings by Rule (rather than title)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Oct 4 16:12:25 UTC 2006

* On Sat Sep 30, 2006 at 01:17:04PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > Would it make sense to get rid of the DisplayGroupDefaultView setting
> > in and modify the 'Change Group View' popup menu to have a group of
> > buttons on it instead of the current combobox.
>
> For it. The original commit struck me as odd from the get-go.
> The options were broken out into bit flags but then the widget
> lumped them back together again(?). The issue is almost more
> a matter of page space on the wizard. The other thing is I
> suppose that at least one view should be selected. For now
> I'll put the checkboxes on the top of the Watch List page and
> call the page "View Recordings (Views)" or something.

I have this popup recoded to use toggle buttons instead of the combobox.
I'm not even sure if I need to worry about the user toggling everything
off since you still see 'All Programs' if everything else is off.

The way I have it working now, you can see the changes immediately
because I'm calling FillList() and updating the screen whenever you
toggle an item on or off.  There is a 'Save Current View' button to
accept the current view and ESC reverts any changes.

I need to do the changes on the setup page and then I'll put it in SVN.

> Well, they could be still edittable in the options. This may help
> with initial setup and provide help text. I need to have other
> settings for watchList anyway and have them only appear when it
> is selected.

Since we don't have a 'mask' ui type for the setup screen and it would be
too many combinations to list in a combobox, I was planning on getting rid
of the current group view combobox as well as the newly added 'show searches'
checkbox you added.  I was going to leave the new 'show watches' checkbox
and it is still honored on the Watch Recordings screen.  The 'show searches'
value is now stored in the mask in the DB.  The user can toggle the
'show watches' option from either the checkbox on the settings page or
from the popup menu on the Watch Recordings page.

--
Chris