[mythtv-users] Remove Commercials script

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 13:04:46 UTC 2006

Hello Everybody,

I setup a user job to remove commercials using the instructions from
the Wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Removing_Commercials).
I am running the current .20 from Atrpms.  I have setup a few
recording schedules to use this user job.  I unchecked Auto-flag
Commercials & Auto-transcode and checked the user job 'Remove
Commercials'.  I verified the job is running and the file is smaller
than the original.  A half hour show (The Simpson's on CBC) which is
always 679M came out about 50M less.  I have the method set to ALL in
the TV setup.  The problem is that it doesn't seem to have skipped any
commercials.  I've used manual trascoding in the past and it seemed to
work very well.  Did I miss something?

Another minor problem is the thumbnail under mythweb is black for any
show I have the user job assigned to.

Jeff