[mythtv-users] xmltv grab_uk_rt or EIT data, which is the best option?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 12:55:43 UTC 2006

> The scheduler is run after new listings have been retrieved so it
> should take into account listings changes (both RT and EIT). There was
> also talk a few days ago about possible EIT data developments that
> would allow series IDs to be transmitted in the data to allow enhanced
> scheduling, but our data here in the UK seems to be some way off the
> extra "meta" data the US providers give.

Some people don't even know they're born! In Australia there's a total
shit-fight about program guides because the TV stations don't allow it
to be downloaded from the web. So the normal XML method is tricky. And
the only program data we get on the DVB-T stream is what's on next on
the channel you are watching. Not even a whole day's worth for even 1
channel, never mind 7 days! for all channels.

Well, I feel better now that's off my chest :)

Regards,
Phill