[mythtv-users] Changing partition label

stan stanlist at cox.net
Wed Oct 4 00:05:09 UTC 2006

I'm running mythTV .20 on Fedora FC5.  When I installed, I partitioned hda
with swap, /boot, and /.  I put one partition on hdc labeled /video.

Now I like to change the label /video to /data.

Can I do this by

1.  e2label /dev/hdc1 /data
2.  Change LABEL=/video in /etc/fstab to LABEL=/data
3.  Change the mythTV config from /video to /data/recordings

or do I need to do more?  Perhaps something with LVM?

Is there a slick KDE gui thing that will do all that needs to be done with a
rename?

Will my system ever run again?  Will it look like all is well until some
undiscovered component tries to find the previous /video? (i.e. should I
learn to be happy with /video?)

--stan