[mythtv-users] Upgrading from 0.18 to 0.20, now no audio out of PVR-350 for DVB sources.

mythtv-users mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 19:03:12 UTC 2006

<BUMP> Anyone? This is a *real* PITA.

Hi,

I've just upgraded from 0.18 to 0.20, I went the fresh install route with
an o/s and HD upgrade at the same time so I could keep the original HD to
immediately fail back to.

Everything has gone smoothly except for one failure, all my recordings
from my DVB card (Nova-T) play their audio through the soundcard rather
than through the PVR-350, the PVR-350 recorded stuff works fine.
Audio _is_ working for the DVB recorded stuff, just through the soundcard,
not the PVR-350.

Previously I had it set up so all the 'TV' audio went through the PVR-350,
DVD/music/videos went through the soundcard which worked perfectly cos for
'normal' TV we don't want the full surround sound etc, while we do for
DVD/music/videos

I know it used to work fine on 0.18, I've played with all the playback
PVR350 options to no avail. I had a play with the dvb encoder settings,
telling it to record all/normal/audio only and still nothing.

I know there was an option within the setup for 0.18 to do with mpeg (I
can't remember the exact wording and I don't want to swap HD's just to
check :-) ), which was checked on 0.18, that has now vanished, dunno if
that is anything to do with it.

For information: I was originally running SuSE 9.1 with Mythtv 0.18[0]
compiled from source, now SuSE 10.1 with mythtv 0.20 (identical
hardware[1]) and rpm's from packman.

I don't want to go through the whole 'pass through' audio thing unless I
_really_ have to because I'm using the PVR-350 scart lead and I'd have go
to the component cables and mess about with sorting some kind of pass
through/swap for the audio to the stereo.

I'm probably missing something really stupid but I can't for the life of
me find out what, can anyone help?

David

[0] Upgraded from 0.17
[1] Apart from the HD.
--
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.