[mythtv-users] Question on configuring rlimits

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 12:36:11 UTC 2006

> > 2) Is there some sort of check I can do to make sure this worked and
> > that the frontend is running with realtime scheduling of the video
> > output thread?
> >
> If you run top while watching a recording/LiveTV then the thread should
> have a priority of RT (i.e. realtime) - you may have to provide top with
> extra switches to show threads, I use htop which does that by default.

Are you sure about that? I've installed htop on my FC5 system and all
I can see in the "PRI" column are numbers - mythfrontend is 15.
Nothing saying "RT". My limits.conf says:

*               -       rtprio          0
*               -       nice            0
@mythtv         -       rtprio          50
@mythtv         -       nice            0

Am I doing something wrong?

> Note that this definitely won't work if your version of PAM isn't new
> enough - the HOWTO above gives the minimum version.

I have PAM 0.99.5.0.

Regards,
Phill