[mythtv-users] Xbox frontend and 0.20

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 11:10:28 UTC 2006

> The packages I'm hosting at alexfisher.me.uk have recently been
> updated to the latest 0.20-fixes.

Thanks Alex. How recently did you update? I updated my backend in the
last 1-2 days which is when the protocol version jumped to 31. I did
another "apt-get update" and "apt-get install mythtv-frontend" on the
Xbox tonight and it said that it's already the latest version. The
frontend vsn on the Xbox is 0.20-xebian.1, and my backend is version
0.20-139.fc5.at. Bit difficult to see how they line up as they
obviously use different version numbering conventions.

I think you must still be on a slightly older version of the backend
so when you next update that you will find your frontend uses a
different protocol. Do you know any other sources where we can get a
later version of the frontend for Xbox?

Regards,
Phill