[mythtv-users] Telewest and cable in the UK

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 09:02:33 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've just moved into a new rented place in Bath where the DVB-T
reception is notoriously bad. on top of this, my house doesn't have a
rooftop aerial, so it seems cable is the only option. I've got
Telewest being installed on Monday, and would like to know what my
options are/what other people have done. I can see the PVR-x50 option
with an external infra-red device to control the Telewest STB, but
this limits me back down to one tuner. Does anything come over the
cable that can be decoded without the STB, either in analog or digital
(DVB-C?) or is this more of a US thing? The final possibility was a
firewire connection, but only the HD STBs have this according to the
guy on the phone.

Cheers,
Robin