[mythtv-users] ui.xml missing leads to crash of frontend

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 22:23:52 UTC 2006

On 10/2/06, Richard Keech <rkeech at redhat.com> wrote:
>  I found mythfrontend was crashing when navigating the menues to "Manage Recordings" -> "Schedule Recordings" -> "Program Finder".
>  I strace'd this and found this:
>
>  open("/usr/share/mythtv/themes/PurpleGalaxy/ui.xml", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 27
>  open("/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/ui.xml", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>  open("/tmp/ui.xml", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>  --- SIGABRT (Aborted) @ 0 (0) ---
>
>  I changed theme and the crash no longer occurs.
>  By my un-expert look at this it looks like there needs to be a /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/ui.xml file.

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing with some of the other themes
recently - I use a Myxer with some custom configs to suit my tastes
and have been diffing the *.xml files between myxer and something like
mythcenter and adding in changes from the official themes to get the
myxer theme working again.

Still a work-in-progress / works-for-me thing,  but I'll be happy to
share a diff patch if there's interest.

-Ross