[mythtv-users] Moving Forward from Single Frontend/Backend to Multiple Frontends - Networking

Jason fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com
Mon Oct 2 21:35:28 UTC 2006

I'm running wireless without any hiccups. Even when my 802.11g
connection dips down to 11mb, I still seem to be ok with 720x480 SD and
DVD's ripped at 512xXXX at 1500 bps. My other frontend is over ethernet,
so I can't comment on the ability to run more then 1 FE over a .g link,
but it should be just fine. I only use around 700K with spikes to 1.2M
when Im streaming a movie. Less for live TV. I would guess that you
should be able to do 2 FEs with a strong wifi signal, but that is just a
guess.

Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,
only that you were there... and still on your feet