[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20 DVB-T (UK) subtitles lost during lossless transcode

Osma Ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Mon Oct 2 16:07:14 UTC 2006

On ke, 2006-09-27 at 13:37 +0100, John Pilkington wrote:
> Subtitles are accessible on recordings from DVB-T, but are lost after a
> 'lossless' transcode (done to make a permanent recording using a cutlist).

True also for Finnish DVB-T on channels which use DVB subtitles (as
opposed to "burning them in" to the video stream). Good to know that it
affects UK too - I was under the impression few countries used this
subtitling method.

Every transcode type strips away the subtitle codec sub-streams from the
file. In trac as http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2468 - this ticket
talks of two issues and comments refer to subtitles as "a different
issue" (but don't link to another ticket), which naturally increases the
likelihood that it will be closed as invalid.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>    http://www.fishpool.org