[mythtv-users] lirc help

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Mon Oct 2 15:45:52 UTC 2006

On Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 10:24:35AM -0500, Jake Sallee wrote:
> Ok, so, the file that I downloand from the lirc site for my hauppauge remote
> goes into /etc/lircd.conf?

That's right, yes.

> Once I test with irw, and let's say that it's working, what do i need to do?
> will lircrc automatically be generated?  or do i still need to record my own
> file for /etc/lircrc?

No, you need to create the lircrc file manually.  This defines what
remote buttons map to which keys for different applications, so can't
really be done automatically.  If you search on google you'll probably
find one for mythtv using your remote though - that should provide a
good starting point.

> is this the same file that will need to be placed into ~/.mthtv/lircrc?

Yes - I've got the file created as ~/.mythtv/lircrc and symlinked to
~/.lircrc - that way all the applications find it okay.  I believe
there's moves afoot to get mythfrontend to fall back to ~/.lircrc as
well - not sure whether this has gone in yet though.  The /etc/lircrc
file provides a system-wide default (i.e. should be used if no ~/.lircrc
file exists) for most lirc enabled applications.

Cheers,
        Robin

--
     ___