[mythtv-users] Tearing *with* OpenGL Vsync enabled?!

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:01:41 UTC 2006

I got my PCIe 6200 on friday and installed it. After playing around
with settings, etc. I think I've managed to get 1080p output without
tearing (like my 5200 had).

I actually purchased two cards, one an MSI low-profile 6200TC and the
other an EVGA 6200TC (both fanless). After using both, I was unable to
get the EVGA card to not show tearing, whereas the MSI seems to do
fine as long as I disable OpenGL Vsync! Otherwise I get a little bit
of tearing that covers the top 15% or so of the video output. I've
tried different deinterlacers and no deinterlacing, etc. all variety
of option combinations and the only one that seems to make a
difference is the Vsync option...

Has anyone else experienced/noticed this? I find it quite odd since I
thought it was supposed to do the exact opposite.

more of that Myth-voodoo I guess =)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!