[mythtv-users] Slow menus - X claims 99% CPU - help!

Iain Waugh iain_pub at swiftdsl.com.au
Mon Oct 2 06:04:13 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've got an odd one here - I've got OpenGL menus working beautifully
(fading in and out smoothly), but the standard ones (editing program
schedules, selecting which recording to view, etc.) take about 1-2
seconds to navigate each one and the 'X' process claims 99% CPU.

It's not the theme - they all do it.

I don't think it's the window manager - twm, evilwm and fluxbox do it.

I've got nVidia compiled in and the binary drivers loaded and running
(glxgears > 2000fps).  Gentoo linux, mythtv 0.20_p11281, xorg 7.0.

I've had this problem with mythtv 0.19, too - gave up after 2 weeks.
I've got 0.16 running on an old system just fine.

Any ideas? Any pointers to help further debugging?

Cheers,

Iain