[mythtv-users] ivtv broken after upgrade

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Oct 2 05:37:29 UTC 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 8:46 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2006, at 5:44 PM, Nick wrote:
>
>> Run depmod whilst running the new kernel. Also, where are your -smp
>> ivtv modules installed?
>>
>> Nick
>
> That's a good question. I didn't realize I had to specifically
> install smp modules. Is it different than:
> yum install ivtv-firmware
> yum install ivtv-firmware-audio
> yum install ivtv
> yum install ivtv-kmdl-2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp

Turns out I didn't have kernel-devel installed for my smp kernel.
Installed that and got my PVR-350 working nicely again. However, I'm
still having problems getting /dev/dvb to show up for my HD-5500.
I've had this problem numerous times in the past which I resolved by
removing any mention of dvb for that kernel from my system and
reinstalling from the driver downloaded from pchdtv.com but it's not
working this time. I have a /dev/video1 device, but no /dev/dvb.

any help is appreciated, thanks.

-Brad