[mythtv-users] Audio sync issues with Import DVD

John T. Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Mon Oct 2 00:06:24 UTC 2006

I have recently upgraded to the 0.20 version of Mythtv and am very
impressed with the features and functionality.  I am comfortable enough
now with the product to start taking some of my movies and place them on
mythtv so that they can be viewed from there.  I stated mtd as required
and was able to insert the DVD and start the import process using the
DVD Import option on Mythtv.  I selected the excellent setting and let
the computer complete the import with the rest of the standard settings.
When the import completed I had a copy of the DVD in my movies directory
but when I played back the movie the sound appears to be off by about
half a second.  Is there a setting I am missing or is should I record at
a different quality level?  I am running on the Fedora 5 core version
2.6.17-1.2174_FC5.