[mythtv-users] Radio Times XMLTV failing

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Sun Oct 1 22:02:15 UTC 2006

Simon Dyson wrote:
> Since yesterday mythfilldatabase has been failing with:
>
> http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1961.dat: Code point \u0000 is not a
> valid character in XML at /usr/share/perl5/XMLTV.pm line 1754
> 2006-10-01 18:36:05.620 ------------------ End of XMLTV output
> ------------------
> Error in 56030:21: unexpected end of file
>
> Anyone else got this?

I've been getting this since 04:03 on 29th September.  I've now only got
10 days of guide data.

Channel 1961 is ITV4, so not an entirely vital channel (IMO ;)).  You
could edit the <video source>.xmltv file in ~/.mythtv/ to comment out
ITV 4 for the next few days.  That should sidestep the issue and allow
you to get listings for the other channels.  If you have DVB and have
EIT scanning enabled then you'll get 7 days of listings from that for
ITV4 and you can try turning back on the xmltv grabber in a week or so.

--
Graeme Hilton