[mythtv-users] Myth color problems with TV-out

Andrew Grove grove_andrew at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 1 02:48:10 UTC 2006

I have a very puzzling problem with my TV-out.  I'm using the lastest Myth
0.20 release on Fedora 4.  I have an Nvidia 6600 GT video card with DVI-HDMI
and Component video connected to my TV.  When I use my HDMI connection
everything look great.  If I use the Component connection, KDE looks fine
but when Mythfrontend starts the color get all messed up.  The Reds get real
dark, the whites turn pink and blues seems to get lighter.  This problem
occurs in the normal Myth menus, not just the playback screens.  The weird
part is, if I open another program on top of Myth, like a console, then the
portion of Myth that can be seen in the background looks right, the colors
are instantly fine.  If I then return focus to Myth, the color is corrupted
again.  I was able to use the Component video connection without problem
with Myth 0.19.  Is there some setting in Myth the changes the way video is
output?  Thanks for any help.

mathman164

System Stats:
Fedora 4