[mythtv-users] Audio Buffer Underruns with XvMC and HD in 0.20

Harley Peters harley at hpeters.net
Sun Oct 1 00:50:24 UTC 2006

Ben Curtis wrote:
>> It probably depends on the video card you have too. I used to have an
>> old geforce 4 MX 440. And with it it was worse with it on than off.
>> (Better on SD tv but i didn't need it for that.)
>> I have a Geforce FX 5900 in the system now and it works great with it.
>>

> It's an FX5200, and with .19, it worked better with "true".  With .20 it
> worked better with "false".  So I did the yum -y upgrade, and have it
> functioning without XvMC.
>
> Using Standard and OpenGL it plays back everything fine.  Before the
> upgrade, doing this would cause odd issues with large movements on screen.
>  However, XVMC still doesn't work.  It NEARLY works on a 1080i broadcast,
> but is really jittery on 720p.  I also now get this error which a previous
> person in this post gets:
>
> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
> Major opcode: 140
> Minor opcode: 14
> Resource id: 0x1a1
>
> and
>
> 2006-09-10 16:37:09.190 VideoOutputXv Error: Child          F   was
> already marked as available.
>

> Ben

I have had those errors before as well.
I have no idea why xvmc works in some cases and not in others.
I wish i new what video cards worked and what doesn't as i don't really
want to keep the FX5900 card in my system. It is over kill for mythtv
and takes up two slots.
I will be able to try an FX5200 sometime next week and will see if it works.
I am running the svn version 11295 but there hasn't been any changes to
the xvmc code since the .20 release.
I am running Gentoo and i am renicing (-5) the X process to fix another
problem i have had with mythtv.
I have opengl vsync on , real time priority off, and extra audio
buffering on. Nothing special about the setup.

Harley