[mythtv-users] Can I use mythrename.pl to create symlinks for multiple backends?

Jon Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 30 21:56:47 UTC 2006

I've got three BEs, each with its own recording directory. The recording
directories are available to all three backends via NFS automount points
and symlinks, but I'd like to use "mythrename --link" to collect all the
recordings
in one human-readable directory.

I know I can accomplish this by modifying mythrename.pl to simply not
remove old links and then run this modified script on each BE; but I'm
wondering if anyone could tell me how to modify it so one instance of
mythrename checks multiple directories instead of just the hostname that
it runs on?

--
On Behalf of Computing Services

Jon Larson