[mythtv-users] OT: SP130000 clock runs fast

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Nov 30 20:03:05 UTC 2006

OT: But this group has a lot of expertise with specialized hardware.

The realtime clock on my Via SP130000 runs fast. If I let it go a week,
it will gain a full minute. This messes up the scheduling and I often
lose the last minute of a show, if the tuner is needed for another show.

Does anyone know how/where I can adjust the clock settings, or if that
is even possible?

And yes I know about ntp. The box is not connected to the 'net in any way.

But BTW, it appears that our major networks do not know about ntp. The
local CTV cable news channel (Rogers 26) is consistently more than 10
seconds difference from the WeatherNetwork, on their on screen time feeds...

G.