[mythtv-users] Has anyone tried integrating Broadcast machine with mythweb

Jan Vilhuber jan at vilhuber.com
Thu Nov 30 18:22:57 UTC 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Chris Petersen wrote:

>> I do have a problem with censoring discussion of a proposed
>> integration
>> with a video-source that relies on BitTorrent, simply because some
>> people happen to use BitTorrent technology in an infringing way.
>
> How about requesting that people do not talk about non-mythtv-related
> topics on a mythtv-owned/hosted mailing list?
>
> It has been stated countless times that there will be NO official
> support for anything related BitTorrent because the potentials for
> abuse
> are too great.
>
> It doesn't matter how great of a technology it is for legal
> distribution.  Isaac and the other devs have agreed that it's just not
> something that they want to see MythTV associated with.  That position
> may change in the future, but for now, it stands.
>
> On the other hand, no one is stopping people from writing plugins.

Nor is anyone stopping us from creating a separate list to discuss
these things (a list I would join). I think I can reasonable respect
the stance, even if I don't agree with it completely.

Jack, can you set up a new list for mythtv-freedom player
discussions? I've been wondering about that sort of thing for a while
and am interested.

jan