[mythtv-users] incomplete Deletes on a shared SMB directory

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Nov 30 17:25:33 UTC 2006

Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> says:
> > What do your backend logs say?  If there was an error truncating the
> > file, there should have been an error message printed something like the
> > following:
> >
> > Error truncating '1040_20061115050000.mpg'
>
> I checked when this first happened, and just checked again, and there is no
> error like this, nor any log entry with 'truncating' (or variants).

You need to increase the verbosity in the logging process. For
example, on my Fedora Core system, I've added the following line to
/etc/sysconfig/mythbackend:

OPTIONS="-v important,general,file"

Normally, mythbackend starts with the 'important' and 'general' flags;
'file' is the new one that's important here.