[mythtv-users] Configuring USB->serial converter to control DirecTV set top box

djg at pdp8.net djg at pdp8.net
Thu Nov 30 12:37:27 UTC 2006

It looks like you did what I did to connect my directv box on a motherboard
with only one real serial port which I was using for lirc.

I assume you edited your directv_usb.pl to have $serport = "/dev/ttyUSB0";
(I just put it on the command line with port /dev/ttyUSB0)

Also is your working serial port the same connector type so you can
plug its cable into your USB converter and verify it isn't a problem
with the new cable or box?