[mythtv-users] Media Monitor going to Gallery incorrectly

Chris Picton chrisp at tangent.co.za
Thu Nov 30 06:58:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 10:10 -0800, Cecil Watson wrote:
> Chris Picton wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have recently upgraded to 0.20 on gentoo, using the following
> > packages:
> >
> > media-plugins/mythvideo-0.20_p11671
> > media-tv/mythtv-0.20_p11626
> > media-plugins/mythgallery-0.20_p11188
> >
> > I also installed pmount, dbus and hal.
> >
> > Whenever I insert a CD or DVD containing only avi files, mythgallery
> > opens instead of mythvideo to browse the files.  I can exit the gallery
> > and go to 'Watch Videos', but I would like it to open at that location
> > directly.
> >
> MythGallery can launch a program to play the files.  There is no need to
> exit and got to MythVideo.

Yes, I just realised this.

However, I didn't see that originally, as when I tried to play any of
the movies, I just got a blank white screen, as it was launching the
picture viewer, not mplayer.

I have 10 videos on a dvd.  Only two of them show up with the movie icon
in mythgallery, even though they are all the same format avi files.  The
only difference between them is their resolution as reported by 'file'

Those two play fine when selected - the rest all launch as only a white
screen.

--
        Chris Picton | PGP Key ID: 9D28A988 (wwwkeys.pgp.net)