[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 05:05:21 UTC 2006

> I am asking for a feature which can be done (and with storage groups, it might
> hhave already been done, but the person didn't mention if it was coming out
> in 0.21) in mythtv.

I can certainly empathize with you when it comes to getting answers
you have explicitly asked not to get, so I'll do my best to avoid
those answers.

First off, something that isn't in the faq, but that you should know:
the features and release date of the .21 release will be known when
the .21 releaqse is released, and not a moment sooner.  If anyone knew
for a fact that .21 would iinclude Storage Groups - or even that there
will be a .21 at all, .21 would already be available at mythtv.org.

Secondly, it's been said a dozen ways already, but I'll say it again.
A MythTV feature doesn't get added when someone asks for it, it gets
added when someone writes it.

Now, given that you have mplayer working for playback, I'd recommend
trying "man v4l2-ctl"