[mythtv-users] Mythtube: Internet Video on Demand

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:54:26 UTC 2006

In theory PHP should be able to kick off mencoder, I guess it's just a
matter of the cpu, disk and bandwidth keeping up with the on-the-fly
encoding.  I have seen snippets of PHP code that downsample mp3's to a
lower bitrate for internet streaming with lame and that's basically
the same thing (albeit less processing since it's only audio).