[mythtv-users] Load average in mythweb show 0.5 when at 99% during transcode/flagging etc

Cory Zerwas gannas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:28:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

Well, this is kind of OT...  It's not really a percentage.  Think of it as
an average of how many tasks are executing at once on CPUs.  My explaination
isn't going to cover all the bases but think of it along these lines (from
what I understand, experts feel free to comment).  If I have a single
processor machine and a process is consuming all CPU this is in theory a
load of about 1.0, if I have a two processor machine and one process is
consuming all CPU on only one CPU it would be about 0.5.  Do you happen to
have a multi-core, XEON, or SMP system?

For more see: http://www.luv.asn.au/overheads/NJG_LUV_2002/luvSlides.html

-Cory