[mythtv-users] OT: Filesystems for recordings

Janne Grunau janne-mythtvusers at grunau.be
Wed Nov 29 19:39:08 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 10:34, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> says:
> > > Wow, this sounds really fantastic... but I can only assume this
> > > is going into the 0.21 dev branch, correct?
> >
> > Yes, there's no way on earth this could qualify as a bugfix. :)
>
> Anyone want to step up and generate a patch against the current
> 0.20-fixes release? I'd certainly love to try it out in place of
> Lincoln Dale's wonderful multiple-directories patch.

Why should anyone want do this? It's a big patch and touches many files.
I suspect that 0.20 with this backported patch is more likely to be
broken than a random svn trunk snapshot. I doubt any of the developers
would want to support the backported patch while bugs in trunk are
fixed.

Janne

ps: have you noticed that live-tv recordings aren't properly expired
with the multiple-directories patch? just to mention one of the bugs of
the patch.