[mythtv-users] Output to my HDTV

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 19:35:30 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent.net> wrote:
> I have MythTV 0.20 installed on my SuSE Linux 10.1 and now trying to get
> the right modeline to work with my TV? I've been reading the guide at
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php and not been able to even get my
> Mitsubishi WS55807 1080i 55 inch TV to work even at the boot manager,
> let alone init 3 or 5. I have a nVidia FX500 using RGB output to the
> Audio Authority 9A60
> <http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=9A60> mentioned
> in the doc that converts to Y, Pr, Pb. Should that work? My TV does not
> have DVI, it has one DTV (used by the sat rec) and two component Y, Pr,
> Pb inputs. Not sure the difference in those two types of input, both
> take Y, Pr, Pb. As soon as the Grub boot menu comes up, it is all
> swiggly and then my TV just goes blue screen after a few seconds. I have
> been working the OS/software install via S-Video, which is very out of
> focus, or VNC if possible. Am I going to have to setup Windows and use
> PowerStrip? Or does that even help if I can't even get a screen at the
> boot manager?

try one of the standard ATSC 1080i modelines at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Modeline_Database#ATSC_Standard_Modes
which should work with the 9A60
you can also try the standard nvidia mode, "1920x1080_30", which will
be "progressive", but in my experience teh 9A60 should handle it
properly and send a 1080i signal to your TV.

As for showing the boot process, I was never able to get the 9A60 to
properly or consistently send this to my old 1080i tv, I'm not sure
its possible.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!