[mythtv-users] Burning DVD with MythArchive

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Nov 29 18:09:10 UTC 2006

John Pilkington wrote:
> Paul Harrison wrote:
>

>> The multiple audio stuff is only partially implemented anyway. No one
>> has shown much interest in it.
>>

> I suppose you mean on the dev side.
>
> I'm still having problems with some recordings because of the ticket
> #2468 swapping of audio tracks - eg the current Planet Earth series on
> BBC or the 'How Music Works' series on Four.  Passing these through
> mythtranscode to top-and-tail or strip commercials puts the 'audio
> description' (or the silent) track on top, and later passes through
> mythtranscode during mytharchive strip off all sound.  I've had some
> success by using avidemux to copy the virgin recording to MPEG PS
> format; copying after mythtranscode seems to produce A/V sync problems.
>
> If anyone has better suggestions for how to work round this prior to a
> mythtranscode rewrite I'd be grateful.  I'm afraid I haven't
> investigated projectX yet.
>

>> Mythtrancode removes all streams that aren't either video or audio.
>> Fixing that would require TS -> TS  rather than the TS -> PS that
>> mythtranscode does now. I don't think that will happen any time soon.
>> projextX can extract the other streams when it does the de-mux.
>>

> John Pilkington

The problem with the audio track going missing is caused by
mythtranscode sometimes swapping the order of the audio streams causing
the second (often the 'audio described' track in the UK) to become the
main audio track. It's another good reason to switch to projectX to do
the cutting and de-muxing at least until mythtranscode is fixed :-)

Paul H.