[mythtv-users] More XvMC data points

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:22:07 UTC 2006

Just out of curiosity...when you say 65-75% CPU utilization, how is that
partitioned between the X server and the frontend?  I ask because if I try
and watch without XvMC on my system, the X server is something like 30% and
the frontend is like 70%.  I'm wondering if this load on the X server can be
avoided somehow.  Then I might have a chance to watch HD natively.

It seems crazy to me that with such fast CPUs, HD playback is not a given.
My Windows machine (2.4GHz P4) can process HD streams from my HDHomerun
without a hiccup?!?  Why should a 2.8 GHz (granted, it is a Celeron) have so
much trouble?!?

--
Mike