[mythtv-users] **BETA** theme available

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Nov 29 15:16:14 UTC 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:05 AM, Justin Hornsby wrote:

> If you're running mythfrontend on 1920x1080, all the graphics will be
> scaled up from the base of 1280x720 and stored in the themecache at
> the rescaled size.  Then they're loaded into RAM.
>
> A workaround for this might be to use different resolutions for tv
> viewing & the menus (i.e. run at a lower res but use mythtv's
> resolution switching for playback).
>
> If you feel it uses too much RAM you don't have to use it, after all
> is said & done ;)

I was hoping for more of a "Yes, this is a problem now that people
are running at really big resolutions so we need to rethink how we're
we're not using them" response from a developer. I wasn't expecting
you to be able to do anything about it from the theme side of things.

And you're wrong.. I *need* to use this theme! ;)