[mythtv-users] Multiple Backends

Ian Newby ian at codex.org.uk
Wed Nov 29 10:23:43 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,
    I've now got two completely seperate myth boxes, both running
frontend and backend. I have some questions on how to configure them
together into mutiple frontend-backend systems.
My setup.

Box1 (Done for testing)
Ubuntu 6.06, Sempron 2400 512 mb 250gb HDD Ram Shuttle box single
Pinnacle DVB-T PCTV stick.
Runs Myth 0.20 compiled by hand, MythArchive, MythDVD, MythVideo,
Mythgame and Mythweb

Box2 (The real one)
Ubuntu 6.10, Athalon64 3200 512mb 300gb HDD Asus Pundit Nova-t 500 dual
DVB-T PCI, Windows MCE remote
Runs Myth 0.20 compiled by hand, MythArchive, MythDVD, MythVideo, Mythgame

1. Do you have to run mythfilldatabase on both boxes?-  both have the
same channels
2. Do I need to install mythweb on both boxes?
2a  If it is only needed on one box, does it have to be the masterbackend?
3. The boxes are connected together using 54mb Wifi, will this allow me
to connect from one frontend to the other backend?
4. Whats the best way to make one a backend?

Regards
Ian Newby