[mythtv-users] How do I disable TVout and use just a computer monitor?

Gary Taylor squeaky at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Nov 29 03:18:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 11:07:34PM -0500, Dewey Smolka wrote:
> On 11/27/06, Gary Taylor <squeaky at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> > I've got a new (first time) installation and when I attempt
> > to watch LiveTV on my computer monitor I get a black screen.
> > I'm pretty sure it's capturing because I see hard drive
> > activity (and mplayer /dev/video0 works).  I understand it's
> > possible to use MythTV without a TV hooked up?
>
> Post your xorg.conf and we can probably work it out (or eliminate that
> as the problem).

It's working!

In mythfrontend I unchecked
"Use the PVR-350's TV out / MPEG Decoder" located
in Setup > TV Settings > Playback > Hardware Decoding
Settings.  I now have video on my computer display.

Thank-you for your offer of help.  Just knowing that it
should work and that someone was willing to help took the
pressure off enough so I could work on it some more.

Thanks,
Gary